Elisa is in kdereview

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 21:07:57 BST 2017

Hello,
On dimanche 25 juin 2017 18:29:45 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimecres, 21 de juny de 2017, a les 23:15:58 CEST, Matthieu Gallien va
>
> escriure:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On mercredi 21 juin 2017 23:01:23 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > El divendres, 16 de juny de 2017, a les 22:44:03 CEST, Matthieu Gallien
> > > va
> > >
> > > escriure:

> > > That's kind of a weird design decision, basically i started elisa, it
> > > didn't see any of my music, i didn't find a way to add it, so i removed
> > > elisa.
> >
> > It is not a design decision but the current state. I want to also support
> > the "let's play this file now" use case. I just had not yet enough time to
> > do it.
> >
> > I am also planning to add a "busy" indicator to show that Elisa is
> > currently getting tracks from Baloo or default music directory (as per
> > QStandardPaths). If no music is found, I also want to add a passive
> > notification offering the possibility to configure the path to use to
> > search music. I even have a task in phabricator for that.
> >
> > > That'd be my workflow as a regular user.

I am working on solutions to address missing feedback and providing hints
about the configuration options that may help fixing missing music or other
problems.

> > I am already convinced that first impression is important. At the same
> > time, I did request to move to extragear to get covered by CI and to get
> > feedback from kde-core-devel.
> >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >   Albert
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > By the way, did you build Elisa with Baloo ?
>
> Yes

I really would like to understand why your music was not seen by Elisa. Is it
possible for you to try again and maybe ping me on IRC to get your logs ?

If Baloo is able to found your music, it should be discovered by Elisa and if
it is not the case, I have a bug to fix.