Elisa is in kdereview

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:15:58 BST 2017

Hello,
On mercredi 21 juin 2017 23:01:23 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El divendres, 16 de juny de 2017, a les 22:44:03 CEST, Matthieu Gallien va
>
> escriure:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Elisa is now in kdereview and aiming for extragear/multimedia.
> >
> > It is a music player from a design from Andrew Lake.
> > It is using Qt multimedia for playback and a few KDE frameworks. Its UI is
> > using Qml.
> >
> > Its aim is to be simple to use and hopefully in the future powerfull when
> > needed.
> >
> > It should be usable without needing online services but will use them in
> > the future.
> >
> > A few integration bits are missing with respect to Baloo before I can do a
> > release. Currently music can only be read if in its database that can be
> > filled by Baloo or a custom file indexer if Baloo is not there.
>
> That's kind of a weird design decision, basically i started elisa, it didn't
> see any of my music, i didn't find a way to add it, so i removed elisa.

It is not a design decision but the current state. I want to also support the
"let's play this file now" use case. I just had not yet enough time to do it.

I am also planning to add a "busy" indicator to show that Elisa is currently
getting tracks from Baloo or default music directory (as per QStandardPaths).
If no music is found, I also want to add a passive notification offering the
possibility to configure the path to use to search music. I even have a task in
phabricator for that.

> That'd be my workflow as a regular user.

I am already convinced that first impression is important. At the same time, I
did request to move to extragear to get covered by CI and to get feedback from
kde-core-devel.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

[...]

By the way, did you build Elisa with Baloo ?

Best regards