Elisa is in kdereview

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:22:15 BST 2017

Hello,

On vendredi 23 juin 2017 15:21:49 CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Matthieu Gallien
>
> <gallien.matthieu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On mercredi 21 juin 2017 23:01:23 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >> El divendres, 16 de juny de 2017, a les 22:44:03 CEST, Matthieu Gallien
> >> va
> >>
> >> escriure:

> >> That's kind of a weird design decision, basically i started elisa, it
> >> didn't see any of my music, i didn't find a way to add it, so i removed
> >> elisa.>
> > It is not a design decision but the current state. I want to also support
> > the "let's play this file now" use case. I just had not yet enough time
> > to do it.
> >
> > I am also planning to add a "busy" indicator to show that Elisa is
> > currently getting tracks from Baloo or default music directory (as per
> > QStandardPaths). If no music is found, I also want to add a passive
> > notification offering the possibility to configure the path to use to
> > search music. I even have a task in phabricator for that.
> >
> >> That'd be my workflow as a regular user.
> >
> > I am already convinced that first impression is important. At the same
> > time, I did request to move to extragear to get covered by CI and to get
> > feedback from kde-core-devel.
>
> I think it's fine. Not perfect, but good enough for starters.
> The error case handling could definitely be better (no baloo database,
> indexing in progress, baloo disabled, baloo broken, no music in
> database).

I am still working on improving those lacking areas. I am currently
integrating KConfig for configuration especially of the file indexers.
The next step is to provide more user notifications about what happen (and not
just a busy indicator when waiting music to be indexed).
Due to holydays and being busy with real life, this could take a few weeks to
land in a finished state. Should Elisa stay in review or move back to
playground ?

> User experience quirks aside, Elisa seems to be in really good shape.
> Builds. Plays music. I18n seems to be in order as well.
>
> HS

Thanks for your review and sorry for the late reply.

Best regards