CI Requirements - Lessons Not Learnt?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 23:05:01 GMT 2017

El dimecres, 18 de gener de 2017, a les 19:59:46 CET, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
va escriure:
> Hi Eike,
>
> first of all, thanks for turning this into a policy creation process :)
>
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2017, 02:29:00 CET schrieb Eike Hein:
> > On 01/17/2017 11:46 PM, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > But CI has a really important function: it shows us the health of the
> > > sources for everything; and that's something the release team needs, and
> > > the whole community can be interested in. So "opting out" of CI deprives
> > > us of a good view of the state of our software products.
> >
> > Agreed. But under the proposed document, you can essentially only
> > opt out by behaving so badly that sysadmin sees no choice but to
> > kick you out, and it labels that as "rude". I think it also
> > communicates why we care about CI (e.g. as regression catcher).
> >
> > This thread has slowed down now - there's been no strong objections
> > raised to the current version of the doc. If everyone is happy with
> > it, I propose we start linking it from the /Policies/ main page by
> > start of February and try to live with it.
>
> Given this is a policy affecting all of the KDE projects, please first
> propose it officially in a separate own thread, with a proper subject.
> Perhaps even on kde-community,

Please please please do not send "technical" "development" stuff to kde-
community.

kde-devel if you want to reach the development community even though as the
"What's kde-core-devel for?" thread showed it's not quite obvious what belongs
here and what belongs there.

Cheers,
  Albert