CI Requirements - Lessons Not Learnt?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 13:55:55 GMT 2017

On Friday, January 13, 2017 09:35:51 PM Eike Hein wrote:
> Quick follow-up notes: I improved the formatting a little more,
> please refresh if you were reading already - now waiting for
> comments, though.

I like it in general, although near the end I think I would prefer to have (c)
maintainer is in control moved to (a). It's also a pretty heavy policy (in the
sense of, having read it, going "whooo, have we really got to have this much
bureaucracy?"), so that it'd be nice to have a light-weight, happy TL;DR
version as well. Something that I'd formulate as follows:

"When you (are going to) bump an external dependency, drop a note to sysadmin@
and the CI group and distributions@ as well, so that many of the consumers of
your code know what's going on and can adjust their tooling, base systems or
packaging to suit."

(though perhaps that glosses over potential problems *too* much)

[ade]