CI Requirements - Lessons Not Learnt?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 12 02:52:32 GMT 2017

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> there would be the pragmatic solution to (I know distros don't like that
> etc. etc.) to include a copy of the required xkbcommon library and link it
> statically if no matching version is found on the system. There could be
> an extra cmake switch to enable it...

For the record, that's how Qt 5 is actually built for EL7. But yeah, it's
frowned upon in Fedora. (RHEL/EPEL is more pragmatic because they know the
system libraries are old there. Though the rules against bundling are not as
strict in Fedora as they used to be, either. Still, we see it as a last
resort only.)

        Kevin Kofler