Migration of Download Infrastructure: Please check your applications

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Feb 24 23:15:36 GMT 2017

Hi all,

Sysadmin have now completed the migration of our file distribution
systems, download.kde.org and files.kde.org, to a new server. During
this migration we also enabled mandatory https for both.

Because QNetworkAccessManager does not follow redirects by default (at
least in a significant number of versions of Qt - I seem to recall
this may have been changed at some point), we advise everyone to
please check their applications to ensure that anything which
interacts with download.kde.org or files.kde.org still operates
correctly.

Should your application be negatively impacted by this, please
implement support for handling redirects in the appropriate place,
then let us know so we can consider options for keeping your
applications functional.

Regards,
Ben