announcement: Kwave is in kdereview / recording

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 06:06:39 BST 2016

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

[...]
> [...]
> You basically need an else catch-all in line 451 of RecordPlugin.cpp that has
> something like
>
> else {
> 	result = i18n("Some unexpected error happened. Error code: %1", result);
> }

Thanks for the valuable input!
This pointed out another bug: the default recording method was not
properly selected (should not be ALSA) - which made me think you used
Kwave before. I also was confused by the window title of the message
box, I expected something like "Unable to open the recording device (...)".

Additionally the error strings from glibc and other libs were not
handled properly. I now expect that these are already translated and in
"local 8 bit" encoding (at least on my system here it works like that).

Should be better now:
b6e86a94271ed19f54f30c707f2ea5b56a007af7

regards,
   Thomas