announcement: Kwave is in kdereview

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Oct 9 17:05:29 BST 2016

Am Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2016, 17:44:02 CEST schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El diumenge, 9 d’octubre de 2016, a les 11:44:16 CEST, David
>
> Faure va escriure:
> > AFAIK KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain isn't
>
> necessary, you should
>
> > instead define the domain as a -D flag during compilation, but
>
> I'm no expert
>
> > on that, check the wiki.
>
> Don't recomend the domain flag for anything that is not a
> library, it is a bad idea, several things in applications break if
> you do that.

What breaks exactly?
(Actually I turned to use the flag also in app code to avoid 3rd-party plugins
being able to ruin translations in the app code by wrongly calling
KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain, seen that too often (fixed it of
course when seen :) )).

The only price I know of is extra QByteArray creation per each i18n* call...

In any case, everybody reading this, when switching to use
KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain() as intended by the ki18n developers,
make sure that all app code is not seeing any TRANSLATION_DOMAIN definition,
as otherwise any i18n*() call will use the flag-based variant and thus
internally ignore to whatever applicationDomain was set.
So e.g. if having lib and app code in one build system, only set
TRANSLATION_DOMAIN for the lib code.

Cheers
Friedrich