Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Nov 11 07:38:44 GMT 2016

Le jeudi 10 novembre 2016, 23:42:36 CET Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> Hi, my proposal would be to make KDE Applications 17.08 the last release we
> accept applications based on kdelibs4, that means people have a year until
> KDE Applications 17.12 to port the applications from the list below to KF5.
>
> The ones that aren't ported we would just drop to unmaintained or if they
> have an active developer team that somehow doesn't want to move to KF5 they
> could move to "extreagear".
>
> I know lots of you would want to see this happen *now* but remember there's
> people using those apps so dropping them makes them no good.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

There is a framework branch for theses games:

> kgoldrunner
> kigo
> kolf
> konquest
> kreversi
> ksnakeduel
> kspaceduel
> ksudoku
> kubrick
> lskat
> palapeli

But nobody merged or finished porting.
I made first step but for sure I didn't have time to finish it.

+1 remove them in 17.12 if nobody finishs porting.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,