kconfig_compiler help ( reproducible builds )

Scarlett Clark scarlett.gately.clark at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:11:32 BST 2016

Hi all,

I am having issue with trying to make a build reproducible [1]
And I have narrowed this one down to a locale issue with kconfig_compiler
code generation
has different results due to locale.

<quote>
you are right with your assumption that it is locale-related.
The second build has an additional 0xe19085 at the beginning,
which is a unicode character (triangle pointed to the right [1][2]):
The first build is running in a non-utf8 locale, in which the
kconfig_compiler seems to drop unicode characters.
(The zeroes at the end of the diff is probably just some padding to fill
it up to a certain length.)
</quote>

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking to fix this? Is
there a missing setting for kconfig_compiler? Please remember I am a coding
NEWB.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Scarlett

[1] https://reproducible-builds.org/