remove khelpcenter from next Plasma release?

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:44:18 BST 2016

​Hi,​

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> But generally, I cannot say that I like the way the things are going. The
UserBase project does not have significant updates on applications pages
(although it was claimed that users are willing to write docs online),
there is a trend to sweep docs under the carpet, move them online, cut off
docs from applications, compile and package without docs, release without
docs at all. That's not pretty and fair.
There was some reorganization of KDE's wikis done, earlier this month.[1]
We were at a sprint and we had just a week and had to target three wikis. I
can assure you, that of the three(community, techbase and userbase),
userbase needed the least tweaking. Largely because, the applications in
KF5 differ mostly in look and feel and fortunately, there hasn't been a
drastic change in the feature set. So a good number of articles over at
userbase still hold valid or can be considered useful, in someway. The same
can't be said of techbase, for instance and it needed(and probably, still
needs) some reworking.

Obviously, I haven't looked at whole of userbase and you might be able to
find cases where I am wrong. But having said that, I agree, that userbase
needs some love, but I don't think bringing that up in this thread is a
good idea. I strongly urge you to create a new thread to discuss this and
let's try to arrive at a solution.

​[1]
http://blogs.churlaud.com/somefoobar/2016/03/17/sprint-at-cern-things-got-done/
​