KFileMetaData: External Plugins

Varun Joshi varunj.1011 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:52:22 BST 2016

Hi,

As a part of my Season of KDE project, I added the ability for
KFileMetaData to use plugins written in languages other than C++.
These plugins have dependencies (like the PDF writer plugin depends on
PyPDF2) that we probably shouldn't add to the core kfilemetadata
package.

Boudhayan Gupta suggested making a new package 'kfilemetadata-extras'
to handle all the external plugins and their dependencies. Or maybe we
could have individual plugins live in individual packages. What is the
best way forward?

--
Regards,
Varun Joshi