[Kde-pim] Qt 4 Builds

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Mon Mar 28 07:18:08 BST 2016

Le lundi 28 mars 2016, 00:50:20 CEST Kevin Kofler a écrit :
> laurent Montel wrote:
> > Oh?:)
> > Fedora continue to support some programs which are not supported from
> > several years before kdepim5 ?
>
> Fedora would not have to do that if you were not removing functionality as
> large as entire applications (!) between releases.
>
> Also, KNode still works great, maybe BECAUSE it is "not supported from
> several years" and so did not get infected with Akonadi.

And it has still qt3support it was never port to qt4 pure.
Fedora helped us to port to qt4 pure and port to qt5 ? I didn't see patchs for
it.
So yep I removed it because I don't want to maintain another application.

But if you port to qt4 pure + qt5 + fix bugs ok we can speak about to
reintegrate it.

> KNode still works
> as well as in the pre-Akonadi days. KMail 2 has become literally 100 to 1000
> times slower (!)

:) I like to see theses number without real tests :)

> and a lot more buggy than KMail 1, simply from getting
> ported to Akonadi.

I think that I closed a lot of bugs against kmail1 and kmail2.

But you can continue to support knodes/ktimertracker during age, it's not my
problem now that KDE CI removed it.
(but I don"t see fix for knodes provided by fedora dev)

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr