Qt 4 Builds

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Mar 27 14:31:47 BST 2016

On Sunday 27 March 2016 09:21:01 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le dimanche 27 mars 2016, 10:57:18 CEST Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As part of the CI overhaul, we've attempted to perform a complete set
> > of builds for Qt 4, as it's still (unfortunately) used.
> >
> > Sadly, as expected for something nobody has really tried to build for
> > ages, many things don't build.
> > One of those is the entire PIM suite - because Baloo removed it's Qt 4
> > build metadata (meaning as far as the CI system is concerned, Baloo
> > has no Qt 4 branches and is Qt 5 only)
> >
> > You've two options here:
> > 1) Drop Qt 4 PIM.
> > 2) Reinstate Baloo's Qt 4 branches.
> >
> > I intend to carry out option #1 if there is no response to this.
>
> I vote for #1 too.
> We will not create more release from kdepim4, no distro uses it even debian :)

The latest openSuse (Leap 42.1) ships the Qt4 based kdepim, although it uses plasma5 desktop.

Speaking of it: given that openSuse decided against shipping KF5-based PIM, how stable
is KF5-based PIM considered these days ?
Is it ready for productive daily professional use ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at