Product versions on bugs.kde.org

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:40:43 GMT 2016

Hi Vishesh,

Please find my comments below.

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>> So I think frameworks-baloo makes sense (and is consistent). The "users"
>> of the framework are application developers, who know how to find it in bugzilla.
>
> Except that Baloo isn't just a library. It provides a daemon, and a
> CLI search interface. I also know a few people running Baloo on
> servers.

These executables are part of KF5. I've just changed the description
for this product to "Baloo is responsible for File Searching and
Indexing. This framework includes balooctl, balooshow, baloosearch,
baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor, etc.", now it should be clear to
users where to report bugs [1].

> This whole "frameworks-baloo" vs "baloo" seems more pedantic than
> anything else. Specially considering the amount of overhead this is
> actively causing. I just have a crash report from 2 hours ago filed to
> Baloo (not Baloo-frameworks). Bug reports against previous versions of
> Baloo won't automatically go to this new "baloo-frameworks". And I
> have over 130+ new bug emails, which aren't relevant.

The incident from 2 hours earlier you mentioned will not be possible
after closing the "Baloo" product. Are we ready for this?

By 130+ bug emails do you mean automated emails from Bugzilla or
people reporting bugs to you in private emails?

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided

--
Alexander Potashev