Product versions on bugs.kde.org

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 13 18:57:14 GMT 2016

On Saturday 12 March 2016 20:38:43 Vishesh Handa wrote:

> And from my point of view the user doesn't care if Baloo is part of
> something called "Frameworks". There is a bug, they want to report it.
> It's just added noise.

Typically, users report bugs in the app where they see them, and then
the maintainer of the app reassigns to the "guilty" underlying framework.

E.g. end users don't report kio bugs, they report dolphin bugs, which then
get reassigned to frameworks-kio.

So I think frameworks-baloo makes sense (and is consistent). The "users"
of the framework are application developers, who know how to find it in bugzilla.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5