Google Summer of Code 2016 - C# bindings for Qt

Joao Matos joao at tritao.eu
Thu Mar 3 19:36:05 GMT 2016

Hi Sebastian and the rest of the KDE community,

I'd like to propose to mentor Dimitar but I have no idea what the policy of
the KDE project
is regarding the possibility of allowing mentors external to the community.

I believe I am the best person to mentor Dimitar due to a couple of factors:

- Succesfully mentored Dimitar and several other students on previous GSoC
editions.
- I am the maintainer of the CppSharp project that QtSharp is based on.
- I am also a contributor to QtSharp so I know pretty well what needs to be
done and how to do it.

In fact, I was already planning on mentoring Dimitar under GSoC as part of
the Mono community,
but Mono was not accepted as an organization this year.

Best regards,
Joao Matos