Can't release applications

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 08:25:16 BST 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 27 July 2016 at 16:00, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:

>> Note that we can give individual people RWC access to the repo. Just
>> file a ticket with the identity usernames of people who want that
>> right.
>
> But why? Why not make it a normal KDE repository? I know I can request
> it, but the next one will come with the same problem.
> In fact, I still have no idea what this has to do with sysadmin.

The repository lives in the sysadmin/ namespace because it is not a
product developed by KDE - it is a Infrastructural Management
repository only (and yes, setting the l10n branches is a
infrastructural matter, because the translators don't [directly at
least] care what the branches are - it is scripty that cares and sets
everything up for them).

This is much like the repository sysadmin/irc-notifications and
sysadmin/dns repositories.
repo-management is a relic of an era before the sysadmin/ namespace existed.

I'm not sure at this point if the repository should be open push or
not - due to the potential to break updates to kde_projects.xml (which
has all sorts of impacts) as well as our current repository creation
workflow.

> Aleix

Regards,
Ben