[Kde-pim] PIM dependency metadata

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Feb 27 19:09:38 GMT 2016

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Sandro Knauß <sknauss at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> There are a couple of issues, namely:
>> a) For some reason it depends on plasma-workspace - this seems
>> completely wrong to me. Please be careful when adding items to the
>> dependency chain
>
> this was added because of ktimezoned, that is part of  plasma-workspace to run
> tests in kcalccore successfully. For further discussion see:
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T1147

ktimezoned needs to move out of Plasma then, or the relevant classes
need to be rewritten....

>> b) kblog is unbuildable, due to CalendarCore being absent. I've no
>> idea where to find this. See
>> https://build-sandbox.kde.org/job/kblog%20master%20kf5-qt5/3/PLATFORM=Linux,
>> compiler=gcc/console
>
> kcalcore is the needed package. But the Build runs successfully, don't see any
> problems.

That's now fixed.

> Btw. what is the difference between
> https://build-sandbox.kde.org and https://build.kde.org

build.kde.org is the production system - it uses KVM hosted VMs to run builds.

build-sandbox.kde.org is the upcoming replacement to it, and uses
Docker hosted containers to run builds (on Linux anyway, Windows will
end up using KVM when we deploy that)

> Regards,
>
> sandro

Cheers,