[Kde-bindings] A new attempt on PyKDE5 binding generation

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:29:57 BST 2016

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> So my suggestion would be renaming pykde5.git to pykf5.git, and that means
> *only* KDE Frameworks 5 bindings would go in there, any other repo that
> wants to provide python bindings (say okular, marble or krita) should do
> somewhere else, ideally their own repo so the binding and the original
> code are close together and it's easier to keep in sync when api changes.

FYI, this issue came up recently in the context of bindings to another
language (QML):

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.frameworks/30734/focus=30770

I'm not very familiar with python bindings generally. Would it be practical
to put the bindings in the same repo as the library they relate to?

Thanks,

Steve.