Spectacle moved to KDE Graphics, future of KSnapshot?

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Sun Sep 27 21:35:47 BST 2015

On 28 September 2015 at 02:00, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
> Is there any reason for not changing the command line arguments of
> Spectacle to fit KSnapshot? It is not like anyone is used to them yet.

KSnapshot is actually two programs, ksnapshot and kbackground snapshot
(there's a third program too, in the kdelibs4 builds). Spectacle is
one, with all the features rolled in there. I thought since this is
all new, might as well start from scratch with the command line args
too.

I'm averse to changing them to match ksnapshot though. Firstly, some
modes don't exist. Secondly, one (Window Under Cursor) has different
behaviour in Spectacle. I'd rather there was a one-time rude shock to
the user over silently using scripts he's written for months before
realising, oops, this is not the picture I wanted.

-- Boudhayan.