Spectacle moved to KDE Graphics, future of KSnapshot?

Elias Probst mail at eliasprobst.eu
Thu Sep 24 11:54:37 BST 2015

On September 24, 2015 12:11:31 PM GMT+02:00, Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> wrote:

>3. KHotkeys. Once Spectacle is included into Applications 15.12, I'll
>patch KHotkeys to look for Spectacle rather than KSnapshot.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have khotkeys launch whatever application implements a generic DBus interface like org.freedesktop.screenshot through DBus activation?

So khotkeys would work in a generic way and it wouldn't matter whether the WM, a GNOME application, ksnapshot or spectacle is installed/available to handle screenshot taking.