KSyCoca, Thread safety, and Cache invalidation

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 22:59:19 BST 2015

On Sonntag, 13. September 2015 23:04:01 CEST, David Faure wrote:

> It's really a problem that QDateTime isn't threadsafe, it's
> really unexpected for application programmers.

The particular conversion happens because /you/ followed Thiago's advise to use UTC, but QFileInfo does not - what causes three extra I/Os on every QFileInfo induced stat :-(

Since the timespec of QFileInfo isn't mentioned in the documentation, QDateTime handles deviating specs and given Thiago's (imo very valid) comment: would it be "ok" to simply use UTC in QFileInfo? (so the user code has to call toLocalTime instead of relying on some undocumented implementation detail)

If not, having QFileInfo::*Utc variants (and recommendation to use them) in QFileInfo seems to be a good idea regarding thread safety as well as performance.

Cheers,
Thomas