State of Audio CD support in KDE

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Oct 2 09:42:31 BST 2015

Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015, 04:46:08 CEST schrieb Boudhayan Gupta:
> On 2 October 2015 at 01:19, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'd miss the ripping habilities of kio-audiocd personally, maybe we can
> > merge it with kaudiocreator and make them share code?
>
> Yeah, let's make KAudioCreator do the conversion. If people want an
> easy/seamless solution, maybe we can add a context-menu to Dolphin?
>
> I've got ripping to WAV running in my branch of KCompactDisc, I'm just
> chasing a double-free bug before I upload the code. It's barely 300
> lines of code; I have no clue why audiocd-kio's main cpp file is more
> than 1000 lines, never mind the converters.

I really love the audiocd:/ thing.

Cause it was so easy to use while wit worked. Open Dolphin, insert CD, click
CD, drag and drop the files you want and it does all the stuff.

I really do think that this is really a nice interface and would prefer this
over an external applicaiton any time.

--
Martin