Causes of session management problems in Plasma 5

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:05:26 GMT 2015

On Dienstag, 24. November 2015 02:02:46 CEST, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:

> - The session manager not "locking down" or better copying the list of
>   clients *while* logging out. This would arguably only help buggy
>   clients, but may still be a net positive.

It would falsely restore clients that do not want to be restored (maybe also because they've gotten some autostart entry)

>   Why copy the list? Logout may be canceled, so it is valuable to keep
>   the main client list updated for after logout cancellation.

So if I logout, kwrite exits, konsole asks, I cancel, I restart kwrite, I logout, kwrite exits, konsole asks, I cancel, I restart kwrite, ... I end up with n iterations of kwrite on the restorage? Nahhh.... the SM should restore what the user left behind on logout, not what he had running in the former session "somewhen" ;-)

Other than that, thanks and kudos for the Investigation and get QGuiApplication fixed itr. =)

Cheers,
Thomas