Maintenance of api.kde.org

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Thu Nov 5 23:58:18 GMT 2015

On 2015-11-05 09:22, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For some time it has been apparent that api.kde.org is experiencing
> some issues with maintenance. It doesn't really fall into sysadmin's
> domain, but developers often lack the knowledge on how to get Doxygen
> working as needed to build projects API documentation. This isn't
> helped by the setup not being simple for easy local testing.
>
> Any volunteers to look into it, fix some issues and generally make it
> easier to work with for the future?

This is my domain really, as maintainer of kapidox - kapidox was
intended to make this simpler and easier, but currently it's only run on
frameworks. I don't really know much about the automation on api.kde.org
itself, though, and we need to figure out how to choose whether to run
kapidox, kdelibs4's apidox generation scripts, or no apidox generation
at all for a given project.

I'm willing to put some time into this, but I'd need to be able to at
least mirror api.kde.org's setup locally to try tweaking and testing
things - going through Allen Winter every time I want to test something
out (and then waiting for the cron jobs or whatever to run) is just too
slow of a feedback cycle.

Alex