[kde-frameworks-devel] Review request: QBluez

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Mar 11 17:49:59 GMT 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:40:44AM +0100, David Rosca wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to ask for a review of the QBluez library [1].

Looks like you've been working hard :)

The name KF5BluezQt seems inelegant, is has both a prefix and a suffix, how about just KF5Bluez ?

The headers get installed into /usr/include/BluezQt/, I guess that should be /usr/include/KF5/BluezQt/ ?

It requires extra-cmake-modules 1.8 but seems to compile fine with 1.7.

Do you expect this to be moved into KDE Frameworks? That gets tagged
on April 4th.  Or do you expect it to be moved into kde/workspace for
release with Plasma? That gets tagged in April 9th.

If it goes into Frameworks it must remain API and ABI compatible while
in Plasma you only need to bump the soversion if it changes.  Is it
ready for that?

Jonathan