KScreenGenie moved to KDE Review

Boudhayan Gupta me at baloneygeek.com
Sun Jun 28 12:13:05 BST 2015

On 28 June 2015 at 15:06, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
>> It is now at Send To -> Clipboard.
>
> Wow, that's mega ugly.
> Another click for the (my) most common action used.
>
> In ksnapshot "Send To" is very inconvenient, since it seems to load all kipi plugins and is awfully slow
> (it takes some seconds to even show the popup).
>
> If that's also the case here, then it's even worse to have the copy action hidden in the popup.
>
> If you don't like to add the button back to the main window, what about just putting the grabbed image
> ALWAYS automatically into the clipboard ? Then I would not even need to click anywhere.

Well, there's no time lag when you press Send To now (that's done in
the background, right after the GUI is shown). So that's fixed.

Secondly, (I've forgotten to add this; I'll do it and push out the
code tonight) - I'll add a Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut to copy the image
to the clipboard. If you think ALWAYS copying to the clipboard is a
good idea, I could do that, but consider this: I'd be mighty confused
if I copied some text to the clipboard, then took a screenshot, then
opened up a word processor to paste the text first and instead found
an image being pasted without any Copy action in KScreenGenie on my
part.