Freeze on nested eventloops (QFileDialog::getOpen*)

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:43:26 BST 2015

On Monday 22 June 2015 01:09:59 Boudhayan Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you're talking about the static QFileDialog::getOpen* methods, I
> may have hit a similar issue with the static QFileDialog::getSaveFile*
> methods. I was working on KScreenGenie, and the app just crashed
> maybe one out of every three or four times the Save File dialog
> opened. Not a lockup, but an outright crash.
>
> At that point I thought I was making an error on my part, so I just
> ended up manually creating a QFileDialog and working with it. Just
> reporting this, in case it's related.
>
> -- Boudhayan Gupta

Hello!

You have something valuable on your hands, a way to reproduce the
problem that will dump you into a debugger (usually) close to the
location where the bug is happening. If you could take a backtrace of
the crash, that could get us to a solution more quickly. It seems like
an important bug.

(formal stuff)
While the kind of your message is suitable for top-posting on its own, I
suggest that you still keep bottom-posting on a technical mailing list
such as this. At some point, it's going to get into technical details
again and then it's good to have everything in chronological / topical
order top to bottom.