How to type special characters (!,@,#,$,%, etc etc) in KDE "Send Keyboard Input" shortcuts?

robert.devanna at nospammail.net robert.devanna at nospammail.net
Wed Jul 15 06:35:29 BST 2015

Hi,

I was told to 'ask the devs' on this -- not clear to me which/where.  Hoping I can get a quick answer, and get back to user lists.  I've searched the wen, forums, mailing lists, etc.  If the answer's there, I've not found it.

I'm running plasma5+kf5* etc from git-latest, using Opensuse pkgs.  E.g.,

  plasma5-desktop-5.3.91git~20150713T211720~61fe1bc-108.1.x86_64

In KDE's SystemSetttings' -> Keyboard Shortcuts, I want to create a "Send Keyboard Input" custom shortcut that'll type text into an active window.

I can easily create actions to type lower- and upper-case letters.

I've been UNable to type any special characters; For example, an exclamation-point.

I've tried "Shift+1", "Alt+Shift+1", "AltGr+Shift+1" -- none of those work.

what Action string do I use?  What's the syntax?  Better yet, are there any DOCS?

Thanks for _any_ help.

Rob