KDE Applications Versioning

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Sun Jul 12 21:51:11 BST 2015

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> El Dissabte, 11 de juliol de 2015, a les 16:59:13, Christoph Cullmann va
> escriure:
> > ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> >
> > > El Dissabte, 11 de juliol de 2015, a les 15:52:44, Christoph Cullmann va
> > >
> > > escriure:

> > > I'd like to make it clearer that this is optional and maybe also an
> > > example
> > > that only uses KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION_MICRO
> > >
> > > Also KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION is not replaced at all, just MAJOR MINOR
> > > and
> > > MICRO as in the script i linked.
> >
> > Yeah, thats true, I just wanted to show the typical boiler plate you might
> > want.
> > >
> > > userbase doesn't seem the right place for this tbh, what does it have to
> > > do
> > > with users, techbase?
> >
> > Lol, ok, that's true, I actually wanted to add it to techbase, but guess
> > after the login I ended up on the wrong wiki and did not check that again
> > :/

> > > I linked it in the email to the release-team thread (why so much list
> > > hopping?), so yes.
> >
> > Because I am not on release-team :P I only read the request for some
> > article
> > here ;=)
>
> Next time you send emails there, you may awnt to add a P.S: saying you're not
> subscribed so people CC you on answers.
Yeah, that was my fault, sorry ;=)

I updated the page a bit:

https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_Applications_Versioning

If I get any feedback, until now, nobody touched the page, that this is OK,
we should move it over to techbase, any idea for a good location there?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com