KScreenGenie moved to KDE Review

Boudhayan Gupta me at baloneygeek.com
Sat Jul 4 10:43:29 BST 2015

On 4 July 2015 at 05:30, Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For some reason /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtX11Extras is not in the include path.
>>
>> Any idea why?
>
> Fixed in http://commits.kde.org/kscreengenie/ace898e614d612a84ee12f22562d6d7365ee24bc
>
> Because when XCB_FOUND is not set, Qt5::X11Extras is not added to
> target_link_libraries(), see src/CMakeLists.txt.
> target_link_libraries() implicitly also adds respective include
> directories. When there is no target_link_libraries(...
> Qt5::X11Extras), [...]/QtX11Extras is not added as include path.

You've gone ahead and moved all the includes from the header file to
the .cpp file? I'm going to revert that commit, since the decision to
keep all the #includes in the header is a coding style decision I
consciously made. I know this extends build times, but this keeps
things tidy - I can see exactly which components a single cpp file
depends on my looking at the headers, I don't have to look through
both the cpp and the header file. The cpp file should include one and
only one header file, and that's it's own header.

I appreciate you fixing the build without XCB very much. However,
before making major coding style changes, please use the Review Board
or ask over e-mail. KScreenGenie does *not* use the kdelibs coding
style.