Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 21:39:47 GMT 2015

On Saturday, 31 January 2015 22:09:36 CEST, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Aside that this is an exhaustive HowTo on git and gerrit*,
> there're apparently "upload your plain diff" webfrontends.
> (Though I think the question was brought up and not answered
> how follow-up patches are handled - eg. whether you've to pass
> some existing gerrit url to fetch the change-id from)

The gerrit-patch-uploader says that you are supposed to copy-paste the
Change-Id line from e.g. the change page, yes.

Keep in mind that Gerrit 2.11 allows editing your change right from the
Gerrit's web UI, so there is no need to upload another followup patch for a
significant chunk of these changes.

Cheers,
Jan

--