Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 20:38:38 GMT 2015

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 21:11:19 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 01/31/2015 08:57 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > hmm, looking back at our switch to git, I don't consider our standards for
> > documentation of the developer workflow as very high unfortunately. :-/
>
> Considering I wrote the majority of
> https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual I guess I'll have to
> take that to heart, then ...

this page is the best we have for git, it contains a lot, but also things
which I as a developer who just wants to contribute to some project, am not
interested in, e.g. "Commands related to repository importing", "Commands for
system adminisitrators", "Commands to manage personal repositories" and more.

I was more referring to this one: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git ,
and that KDE still couldn't agree even on a set of git workflows to use, the
wiki page still just lists a few proposed drafts. :-/

Alex