Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:39:07 GMT 2015

On Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2015 22:47:20 CEST, Ben Cooksley wrote:

>> - CI integration
>
> We've addressed that. It can be done with little fuss.
Do you have any hard data on the "little fuss"?

I googled for CI and saw quite some "we need such" comments over the last two years and also some homebrew script to integrate travis, but it didn't sound like "put this 10 LOC sippet here and be happy" or so and apparently is not a trivial issue.
Would Scarletts efforts (you're pointing them?) be upstreamed to Phabricator?

>> - clustering for scaleability
>
> Not sure what you mean here.
I'd say
https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/cluster/

That looks scary.
On how many machines do we run atm? (combined, ie. git, RB, and bugzilla, in case)

> I appreciate this is important to you, but it isn't as critical to others.
It has it's charme to not have to understand and use a second D/VCS and switch around between git and arc logics.
The report seemed to suggest this was "in production"?

Cheers,
Thomas