Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:07:30 GMT 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As promised in the earlier thread, i'd like to present the sysadmin
> report on the state of the infrastructure surrounding our code.
>
> It contains a detailed summary of what is broken with our existing
> systems, why change is necessary and an evaluation of the options we
> considered. We have also made a proposal based on our evaluations and
> the wishlist of functionality drawn up the community.
>
> Please find it attached - and let us know what you think. Feedback is
> welcome.

Thanks a lot Ben for this, very comprehensive document.

One question about Phabricator - in the discussions before the RB web UI
and uploading patches via web was mentioned a lot, will uploading diff
through
web interface still be possible via Phabricator or is the Arcanist thing a
must?
This isn't clear from the report.

Cheers
--