Fwd: Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

Lamarque Souza lamarque at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 15:45:25 GMT 2015

ModemManagerQt is used by two KDE Applications, Plasma NM and KDE
Telepathy. The former uses it to retrieve information about mobile
broadband connections (operator and signal quality), unlocking modem's sim
card when activating 3G connections, listing available modems in mobile
connection wizard when creating 3G connections and, with NetworkManager <
0.9.10, Plasma NM also uses MMQt to setup a bluetooth connections (which is
process initiated by Bluedevil, so it is a feature indirectly used by
Bluedevil too). The later uses MMQt to read/send SMS using a cell phone.

Lamarque V. Souza

KDE's Network Management maintainer

http://planetkde.org/pt-br