Changes to our Git infrastructure

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 11:35:06 GMT 2015

On Monday, 5 January 2015 20:57:47 CEST, Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> Ultimately, a constant stream of
> newcomers is the only thing that keeps a free software project alive
> in the long term.

Yes, as long as these newcomers eventually get enough interest and enough
skills to become maintainers. I agree with the importance of getting new
blood in, but there's also a need to educate these contributors so that
their skills become better over time.

> I'm a bit worried that
> any new patch review system which requires more effort before one can
> submit a patch for review might put some potential new contributors
> off.

That's a valid point, so yeah, I agree that we should evaluate our tool(s)
in light of being usable by newbies as well as by professionals. Thanks for
saying that.

Cheers,
Jan

--