Changes to our Git infrastructure

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:29:36 GMT 2015

On Montag, 5. Januar 2015 21:36:54 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> What's the problem with php?
Dynamic typing ;-)

I don't think there's a particular issue with php in this context.
To me the concern seemed to have more been around "try to not require stuff that's not likely around anyway"

> We have ruby scripts
Where (wrt code submission?)?

I've ruby as a hard dependency for vim, can have it as optional dependency required by some plasmoids, dolphin & umbrello and a build dependency on Qt5, kdewebdev and qtwebkit, but do not seem to require it to contribute to random KDE projects at all.

So ruby is required for vim, but i've php installed to locally test php scripts (and for nothing else, though there's an optional dependecy for kcachegrind - no idea what I can do with that)

=> You'll find eg. ruby on far more clients than php.

To leave no doubt: i could not ruby me out of a wet paperbag while I do occasionally write dynamic html in php.

On Montag, 5. Januar 2015 21:39:10 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Is there any logical reason people would people be pushed off?
> Or is it just irrational?
See the other mail.
I fully buy the logical reason that ppl. are/feel pushed off in an irrational decision in this matter.

Cheers,
Thomas