Changes to our Git infrastructure

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Jan 4 12:30:22 GMT 2015

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:

> True, but don't forget about the other side of the story:
> - potential contributors will have to learn more stuff, before they
>  can even _start_ contributing, which may be a real turn-off in some
>  cases.
>
> Your project's situation may be very different from mine. Personally,
> I'm much more worried about keeping the entry barrier as low as
> possible, than about reducing the amount of effort that I have to put
> into supporting and educating contributors.

Getting first-timers and non-coders to even create a patch and post it to
a bug is often already a challenge. But I managed to make someone do a
proper and succesful git bisect!

Anyway, and coincidentally, Here's something artists and other
interested people wrote up for Krita, some time ago:

https://notes.kde.org/p/YWlSAP98tl

(Needs a KDE identity to access...)

Boudewijn