libkgeomap

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Sat Jan 3 14:09:58 GMT 2015

> IMHO, the real question is, shouldn't that pointless wrapper be deprecated
> in favor of just using Marble directly?

Can marble be used in an identical way as libkgeomap, as a QWidget only
displaying a map with not only coordinates but also photo thumbnails (grouping
the coordinates when the zoom factor is too low to display them all etc.), GPX
tracks and so on?

If so, we (at KPA) should rethink our implementation (but I don't think that
libkgeomap has been written for no reason ...). But after all, it's a eligible
question (which surely can be answered by Gilles Caulier and/or Michael
Hansen).

Apart from that: If Google's terms of service allow using Google maps like
libkgeomap does, I think it should be a decision of the user which map he/she
wants to see.

Tobias