Fwd: Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 21:01:11 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dimarts, 23 de desembre de 2014, a les 13:17:46, Daniel Vrátil va
> escriure:

> already

> > > I disagree with moving libkscreen to kde/workspace. It is a dependency
> for
> > > at least one application (Okular), which has no Framework version for
> now
> > > but it will have it. It would make more sense to have libkscreen in
> > > Frameworks, like libnm*
> >
> > AFAIK Okular is using KScreen only to get DPI info, which was not
> provided
> > by QScreen in Qt 4. In Qt 5 you already have DPI API in QScreen, so you
> > should not need KScreen anymore.
>
> It is provided by QX11Info in Qt4, it's just wrong, does QScreen provide it
> correctly like kscreen does?

Theoretically, yes it's correct.
QScreen now reports DPI per monitor, not per each "X" screen which was the
QX11Info problem.

It's still subject to monitors reporting the wrong DPI, but so is kscreen.

The API is a bit questionable.
You'll might be told you're on QScreen 0, but will tell you have global
co-ordinates that don't actually fit on that screen. You have to look up
the correct QScreen, don't trust whatever QWindow will tell you.

David