KDE Telepathy has an unreleased dependency

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:36:21 GMT 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> So we still need a KPeople release, which is still in playground so noone
> has
> properly reviewed it, and you want to speed-turn it into a frameworks in 1
> day. Do you actually have anyone to review it in such notice? At least
> sanitize the headers?

It was requested on February 13th for KPeople to be reviewed and joined
frameworks for 5.8. Today the 2 weeks review period is over so if there
are no outstanding issues it should be moved today. The only issue is
that the release won't be available for the first two betas while we could
simply release KPeople a bit sooner so KDE Telepathy would be in the betas.

> This feels like rush, rush and rush. KDE Applications schedule has been set
> for months, I've sent various reminders about the freeze dates, and yet,
> here
> we are, post freeze with unresolved issues, why are we doing this now and
> not
> last week?

I've started the discussion about moving it on February 3rd. There's about
15
repos and about 3000 dependencies. I'm sorry if I managed to miss one while
trying to fix everything for the release (and mind you that the number of
KTp
developers pretty much reduced to one). I'm sorry that nobody caught this
in the review period for about a month. We're clearly all just people with
just
enough free time.

If you feel like it should not be part of KDE Apps 15.04, fine, just say so
and
I'll request a move of everything back.

Cheers
--