Multiplatform frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 09:45:07 GMT 2015

On Wednesday February 25 2015 19:10:08 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

>QStandardPaths there that worked pretty well. In discussion with the Qt
>developers I began to think that we maybe should be installing our data
>files in the places that QStandardPaths expect to find them, rather than
>get QStandardPaths to find files in linuxy paths.

Even if that were the easy way out, I don't think it's the proper solution if not only because OS X and MS Windows are multi-user machines and are maybe more often used like that than Linux desktop installs. Installing stuff in $HOME/Library/Application Support is thus not an option (besides, there's that obnoxious space in the filename that's bound to cause issues).

If we can't find a best-of-both-worlds solution that we all agree on and can go into Qt, we'll just have to roll our own (which might be incorporated after all once it's proved its value ;))

Reminder to self: add my views to wherever we decided to continue the stalled discussion from gerrit.

kde-mac at kde.org