Sandboxed applications

Alexander Richardson arichardson.kde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 03:17:37 GMT 2015

> On Monday, February 23, 2015 04:06:59 PM Mirko Boehm wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I stumbled over this recently: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps
>> <https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps>
>>
>> Are there efforts on the KDE side to support similar ideas?
>
> I will be working on sandboxing of Qt and KDE apps as part of my day job
> starting next month, so there will be some effort :-) But that's all I know
> for know :)

I am also be working on sandboxing of KDE applications for my MPhil
thesis. However, this won't be about the kind of sandboxing referred
to by the linked Wiki page but rather privilege separation of existing
applications similar to what Chromium and OpenSSH do. Since this will
require making applications more capability aware it should also
benefit the linked usecase.

Alex