KDiagram libs (KChart, KGantt) in KDE Review

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Feb 13 14:09:54 GMT 2015

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2015, 16:30:39 schrieb Andreas Hartmetz:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2015 14:59:50 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Monday 09 February 2015 01:50:03 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Yes, nearly copy&paste: the copies of KDChart in Calligra & KMyMoney
> > > are older  (2.4.1, based on Qt4) versions, while the copy of
> > > KDChart in Massif-Visualizer matches the version of the KChart lib
> > > in KDiagram.
> >
> > I've tried compiling the code on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE with Clang 3.4.1
> > (I'm assuming that's a supported compiler -- on techbase, searching
> > for "supported compiler" doesn't give me much compatibility
> > information newer than KDE 4.2).
> >
> >  - I need to add /usr/local/include to the include search path; this
> >
> > is not kdiagram specific, but seems to be a general Qt5 issue on
> > FreeBSD.
> >
> >  - TestDrawIntoPainter seems to hang; after 2 min at 100% CPU I killed
> >
> > it. I ran it separately by hand and get output about missing OpenGL
> > drivers (which is true, I'm building kdiagram in a restricted
> > environment; I didn't originally expect to need to have DBUS running
> >
> > to be able to do the tests either) and debug output like:
> >     QDEBUG : TestDrawIntoPainter::testTest() Time for drawing pixmap
> > :
> > :/test: 53682 ms
> > :
> >   Is that test supposed to take so much longer (minutes) than the
> >
> > other tests (deciseconds)?
>
> I guess so. The test is commented out in the .pro file in the KDAB
> version - the reason is probably that it takes so long.

Yes, this test is also aborted on CI, see
http://build.kde.org/job/kdiagram_master_qt5/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

And locally also ran forever=until I cancelled. Will disable then as well in
KDiagram. And perhaps investigate for a possible error in the code, if I feel
more curious later :)

> > So from a it-compiles-and-the-tests-pass point of view on my platform,
> > it looks good.

Thanks again for that testing, Ade, should have helped by that one fix for
clean builds with clang in general :)

Cheers
Friedrich