KDiagram libs (KChart, KGantt) in KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 23:23:58 GMT 2015

El Diumenge, 8 de febrer de 2015, a les 00:29:26, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Calligra, Massif-Visualizer, KMyMoney (and perhaps more) make use of KDAB's
> nice offer of their KDChart in the GPLv2 licensing variant. But as there are
> no real public releases of KDChart, all the projects have copied a dump of
> KDChart into their code repositories, updating now and then to newer
> versions of KDChart. Which is anything but perfect.
>
> To improve things, after some talk with KDABians it was decided to create a
> KDE repo with a KDE-fied fork of KDChart, based on their latest Qt5ied
> version. So all FLOSS Qt5-based projects have a single place to-go-to for
> nice charting. Which would be centrally updated now and then. Still not
> perfect, but an improvement over the current situation.
> To meet the KDE repo requirements, KDAB has also extended the license to
> GPLv2+ for this dump :)

Thanks KDABians for this.

If this is basically a copy&paste from the existing code we're already
shipping i have no objection, though you should probably get someone with
CMake knowledge to review (and kill that autogen.py and g++.pri?)

Cheers,
  Albert