Moving KDE Telepathy to kdenetwork

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:53:14 GMT 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> Getting more pragmatic, I think the clear distinction between Kopete
> and KTp is that Kopete is a KDE application by the book (kxmlgui, a
> main window, integrates on the system tray etc.) and KTp will blend in
> your Plasma, which is a feature I value very positively.

I'd just like to clarify that a bit - KTp offers sets of (optional) applets
which
allows you to use KTp from Plasma only, ie. there's a presence applet
(kinda like a systray icon), which expands into a contact list if clicked
and you can also have a chat applet (kinda like facebook chat). Besides
that it also has full QWidget based stuff too (also kxmlgui and friends).

Of course this can all be mixed and thanks to the architecture, new
completely different clients/UIs can exist and be mixed in too
(theoretically
one could use the Empathy for audio/video calls, for example).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer