Help solving this month's "Bug of the Month"

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Wed Feb 4 21:35:41 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 04 February 2015 21:51:53 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimecres, 4 de febrer de 2015, a les 18:06:23, Martin Sandsmark
> va
>
> escriure:
> > On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 04:45:26PM +0100, Christoph Feck wrote:
> > > According to recent comments, this is bug is still reproducible
> > > for some users, but not for others. It is unclear if the
> > > actual issue is in KDE software, Qt libraries, xorg libraries,
> > > or the keyboard layout definition files.
> >
> > From reading the latest comments on that bug, and the linked Qt
> > bug report, it seems pretty clear-cut to be a Qt bug that's
> > fixed in Qt5, but not in Qt4?
> >
> > So maybe it should just be marked as an upstream bug?
>
> Even if it's an upstream bug, in my opinion the
> BugOfTheMonth+GardeningEffort is showing the users that we care,
> and if they are affected by a severe bug we're going to try to
> make as much as we can to fix it, not just toss it over the fence
> and say "it's not us".
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Exactly. Looking at current Plasma 5+Qt 5 bugs, we still need to
support KDE 4 users for some time.

And as explained at https://community.kde.org/Gardening/BugOfTheMonth
we actually want to find developers who are able to investigate all
levels of the software stack, because otherwise there will simply be
no progress.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)